MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
My mom used to make this without a recipe, and this is what I remember of how to make it. You can use a cut up chicken with bones, but the breast pieces are easier. I use my electric skillet for this recipe.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, each cut into 6 pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Mix flour, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning in a shallow dish.
- Put oil in the skillet and heat to 300 degrees F.
- Rinse chicken pieces with water and dredge in flour.
- Place in skillet and brown lightly on one side.
- Turn pieces over and put onion in the skillet around the pieces.
- When lightly brown on the other side, add chicken broth and 1 cup water to skillet.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- To thicken gravy, mix cornstarch and cold water, and slowly add while stirring.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION