Chicken Fajita Pita
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 25mins
- 1⁄3 cup Italian salad dressing (fat free)
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 (7 inch) pita bread rounds, halved (or use flour tortillas)
- 1⁄4 cup ranch salad dressing (or use low-fat yogurt)
- picante sauce (optional)
- Combine Italian salad dressing and soy sauce in a medium bowl and add chicken. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Remove chicken from marinade and reserve.
- Grill chicken over medium heat 10 minutes on each side or until well cooked and light browned. Cut into strips and keep it warm.
- Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet and place over medium-high heat until hot and add peppers and onion slices. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender and then add grilled chicken strips.
- Fill pita halves with chicken and vegetables and serve with Ranch salad dressing or yogurt and picante sauce, if you like.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I learned how to cook since I was young helping my dear Mom in the kitchen. Also like to combine ideas or ingredients from different recipes to create some of my own, so my dear husband and my family enjoy what I cook.