Chicken Fajita Melts
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
An openface grilled chicken sandwich with the flavors of a fajita, without the mess. Adapted from a recipe by laughingmagpie at allrecipes.com.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves, sliced in thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 slices French bread, each 1/2-inch thick
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- lime juice
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet until shimmering. Add the chicken and saute until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add onions an peppers and saute until vegetables are tender, about another 5 minutes.
- Add tomato juice and taco seasoning; stir well. Simmer until very thick and chicken is well-coated with sauce, stirring often to prevent burning, about 7 minutes.
- Preheat broiler and place a rack about 6" from heat.
- Spread 2 tbsp salsa on each slice of bread. Divide the chicken mixture evenly amongst the slices of bread. Top each piece with 1/4 cup cheddar cheese. Place under broiler until cheese is melted and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Finish each sandwich with a few drops of lime juice before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION