Chicken Enchiladas in Creamy White Sauce
These are wonderful! My mother always makes a half a pan with nuts and a half pan without them. I prefer the texture the nuts give. Add crushed red pepper to soup mixture for more heat.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper salsa
- 48 inches flour tortillas
- 8 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 -6 jalapeno peppers, rinsed seeded and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a skillet cook 1/4 cup pecans and onion until onion is tender and pecans are toasted.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, milk, salt and cumin. Add nut mixture and chicken. Stir to combine.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto each tortilla near one edge. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 12x7 1/2x2 baking dish.
- In another bowl combine cream of chicken soup, sour cream, green enchilada sauce and jalapeno peppers. Pour soup mixture over tortillas .
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for anout 35 minutes. (Until heated through).
- Remove the foil and sprinkle enchiladas with cheese and 2 tablespoons chopped pecans. Return to over uncovered until cheese is metled.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made this tonight with my leftover roast chicken meat. Pretty easy and very yummy. Couldn't for the life of me find where the roasted red pepper salsa came into play, but it didn't need it anyway. As a matter of fact, I'd say there was just a little too much sauce. Perhaps next time I'll use only half a can of cream of chicken and maybe a little less sour cream. Loved the nuts in it. OH! And i used corn tortillas, not flour...flour tortillas don't say "enchilada" to me. Will def' make this again. Thanks Little Momma.
Had to use Celery Soup (No Chicken Soup on hand). I also had to sub canned chopped green chilies for the green enchilada sauce. Seasoned one side of chicken breasts with chili powder and other side with taco seasoning and then pan fried. Left out the jalapeno peppers and roasted red pepper salsa (our palates require less heat.) Followed rest of recipe steps and, I have to tell you, these enchiladas were DELICIOUS! The pecans add so much! I was able to fill eight, 8 inch flour tortillas. Huge Thank You!