Chicken & Eggplant (Aubergine) Parmesan
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
We love this - we used to get it as an appetizer without the chicken in our fav Italian restaurant. Serve with pasta and green salad!
- Ready In:
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 lb chicken cutlet
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray baking pan with veg. oil.
- Peel and slice eggplant 1/4".
- Combine bread crumbs, parsley, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Dip eggplant into egg then crumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheet drizzle with olive oil and bake for 25 minutes.
- While the eggplant is cooking make some pasta and cook the cutlets in a skillet w/olive oil. Dip in the egg/crumb mixture. before frying.
- Place cutlets on cooked eggplant, spoon sauce over and top with shredded mozzarella and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was quick, easy and delicious. I used 2 eggs as 1 was not enough to do all the eggplant and the chicken (I used 2 boneless breasts sliced thin and 1 medium eggplant). I put the cooked pasta in the bottom of a large casserole dish, spooned a little sauce, layered the cooked chicken and eggplant slices, spooned the rest of the sauce and topped with cheese, and put it in the still-warm oven (turned off) to melt the cheese and keep warm. Really good and very filling.Reply
My kids gobbled this one up (with the exception of the eggplant). They've never been fans of eggplant though. I used more seasoned bread crumbs. Maybe around 2 cups. The first time I made this I fried the cutlets in a skillet. They turned out very good. My cutlets were a little thicker than normal so I had to finish them off by slowly adding some hot water to the skillet and covering for a few minutes. I wouldn't recommend that though because it can be a bit dangerous. I absolutely hate to fry anything so the next time I made this dish, I baked the breaded cutlets in the oven in a well greased casserole dish on 375 for about 35 minutes. I flipped them once about halfway through and then turned on the broiler for a minute to brown the other side. It was just as good this way as the fried way with a lot less mess. Thanks for the recipe! We're really enjoying it.Reply
see 1 more