Chicken Drumettes in Ginger-plum Sauce
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken drummettes, with skin
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped shallot (or onion)
- 2⁄3 cup plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch or 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Add chicken drumettes and cook for about 15 minutes until lightly browned all over and cooked through.
- Drain excess oil and discard.
- Leave chicken in frying pan.
- Add chopped garlic, grated ginger, chopped shallots, plum sauce and soy sauce and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, mix together tapioca starch and water until smooth.
- Add mixture to pan in small amounts and continue cooking until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Serve hot.
- This is also very good re-heated.
- Chicken thighs are excellent in this recipe.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was absolutely divine. I made the recipe with chicken thighs as I couldn't figure out what drummettes were (drumsticks?). We had it with rice and a stirfry and the whole family adored it. This is most definitely a keeper. Thank you, Uncle Bill, for sharing this receipe with us. I'll definitely be making this again soon.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Burnaby, British Columbia. I am retired and have written a cookbook entitled, From Uncle Bill's Kitchen. I am a recipe developer, author, publisher, distributor and a chef. My cookbook is very unique as I have a Nutrient Analysis for each ingredient used in each recipe that shows you the values for Calories, Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. A high-lighted bar shows the values on a per serving basis plus the Fat/Cal%. From Uncle Bill's Kitchen contains tried-and-true, tested, easy to follow reipes for both novice and experienced cooks. You'll find old Russian, Ukrainian, and other ethnic favorites, along with modern West Coast dishes. The Nutrient Analysis will please the health conscious. Uncle Bill's favorite recipes will reward efforts of the most creative cook and provide the family with many tantalizing, healthful meals. I have appeared on 48 various Television Shows in Vancouver, Burnaby, Kelowna and Kamploops, B.C. Canada, as well as in Palm Springs, CA. In Palm Springs, CA, I have been a Guest on the JACKIE OLDEN RADIO SHOW and THE JOEY ENGLISH RADIO SHOW, twice a year since 1998. I also do demo cooking shows at CHAPTERS BOOK STORES, SAVE-ON-FOOD STORES, GALLOWAY'S FOODS, WESTMINSTER PUBLIC QUAY MARKET, and in the U.S. at BARNES & NOBLE BOOKSTORES in Palm Springs, CA, Phoenix and Yuma, AZ. I was in Palm Springs, CA from June 10th to July 14th. 2002 and again appeared twice on the Jackie Olden Show, twice on the Joey English Show and pre-taped a TV COOKING SHOW with Jackie Olden that is aired on TV from Palm Springs, CA to Los Angeles, CA.