Chicken Divan Casserole
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken flavor instant bouillon
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1/2 cup salad dressing
- 1 -2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken (or turkey)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in medium saucepan. Stir in flour and bouillon. Gradually stir in milk; cook until mixutre boils and thickens, stirring constantly with wire whisk. Stir in mayonnaise or salad dressing and mustard until well blended.
- Arrange broccoli in ungreased baking dish. Top with cooked chicken. Spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In small bowl, combine bread crumbs and 1 Tablespoon melted butter; mix well. Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve with green salad and garlic bread. Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"I love to collect cookbooks. I especially like to find old cookbooks at thrift stores and garage sales. Some of the best recipes I've tried are from the little cookbooks you can buy by the checkstand at the grocery store. As most cooks have, I've been collecting recipes from newspapers, magazines, friends, etc. for the past 25+ years. I'm currently in the process of organizing them into binders (not a small task). It's great seeing again what I've collected and finding recipes I haven't tried in years, discovering how my tastes have changed, or finding those that I wanted to try but haven't because they've been buried in the file cabinet for so long. I'll have to live to be 150 to try all the recipes I've saved but haven't yet tried."
Join The Conversation