Chicken Döner Kebab
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup hummus
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- lettuce, shredded
- Preheat barbecue or oven to 350°F.
- Combine oil, spices, garlic, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Add chicken and thoroughly coat in marinade.
- Cook chicken about 1 hour, basting occasionally with remaining marinade, until browned and cooked through.
- Combine yogurt and hummus in a medium bowl,.
- Thinly slice chicken from the bone.
- Serve with shredded lettuce, tomato, cucumber and yogurt-hummus mixture, in pita bread or tortillas.
Join The Conversation
Very good. I used a combination of 4 breasts with bone in and 6 thighs, because it was what I had, so I used a bit more marinade, but same ingredients. I did let mine marinade all day which I thought really helped. I grilled mine, but only took 30 minutes to grill, it says 1 hour. Mine was 30 minutes and perfectly tender. I did baste as directions stated. I used seedless cucumbers and plum tomatoes, also seeded, otherwise, the Naan (I had it on hand, so I used that but Pita would of been great) would of got too wet for me. I added, black olives rough chopped as well which I like with the flavors and I had a 1/2 of can so why not use them up. Very good, will make again. A great sandwich Thx!!