Chicken Cordon Bleu
photo by VickyJ
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 4 slices deli ham
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- flour (for dredging, save leftover flour)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Pound chicken breasts flat.
- Top each with ham and cheese.
- Roll up and secure with toothpick.
- Melt butter in 8-inch saucepan.
- Roll chicken in flour and sauté for about 8 minutes or until lightly browned and juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- To same pan add crushed bouillon cube and garlic.
- Add 2 Tbs of reserved flour and cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add milk, stirring until bubbly.
- Add onion salt.
- Return chicken and coat with sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I must have had the heat too hight? The sauce came out really thick and it seemed it could use more liquid. This is the first time I tried the recipe and I had problems with the chicken too - when I pounded it out - it broke apart? Any suggestions would be great! But all in all it was that bad - just the cook and her preparation I guess lol!
this was good. i didn't care for the sauce and maybe it was just because my chicken breasts were on the lager side but i had to bake mine (just 350 cover w/foil for about 15 min w/a few splashes on chkn broth) after browning so i didn't burn it and made sure in was dine through. thanks for the recipe!
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
After DH and I moved away from the farm, and to the city...I haven't done as much cooking and very little canning. But I do come to Zaar and look for new recipes once in a while. I'm still cooking Zaar!! I like to play at Facebook, with my family and friends. A lot of my Zaar friends are there!! Yay! It's a good way to keep in touch. We travel more. We're looking at the European trips now. Hope to go in the springtime. I really want to see London, I think I lived there in a past life, I've been obsessed with it since I was 10 years old!!