I got this recipe from my church cookbook. I made it a lot for my boys when they were very young. They loved it. *Added note: I think the kind of rice you use affects this recipe quite a bit. A sticky rice will absorb a lot of liquid, while a converted rice will not. I'm not sure, but I think you could adjust the liquid accordingly. I always use a more sticky rice.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup milk
- Mix chicken, rice and broth and set aside.
- Melt butter and pour into a 1 1/2 quart round casserole dish.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and milk and pour into casserole dish with butter.
- Spoon chicken/rice mixture into center.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before eating.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
On 4/5/13 I had some leftover chicken I needed to use up, and went on a recipe search.I came across this one and decided to try it. After reading the review by Derf, I decided to add some garlic powder,oregano, salt, and pepper to the rice mixture.But I did have to add about 15 minutes for it to get even slightly browned. Even after adding the mentioned seasonings, both my SO and I thought it could use a bit more flavor.But thank you for posting an easy to make recipe. " Keep Smiling :)