Chicken Chow Mein - Easy!
photo by Karen Elizabeth
- Ready In:
- 150 g medium egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 300 g chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 150 g bean sprouts
- 1 large spring onion, sliced lengthways
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cook the noodles in boiling water until al dente. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again. Drizzle with a little sesame oil and toss.
- Place chicken in a bowl and toss with dark soy, five-spice powder and chilli sauce. Dust with cornflour.
- Heat a wok until smoking before adding the groundnut oil. Add chicken and cook, stirring, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add red pepper, stir fry for a minute, then add onion and beansprouts, cooking for a further 30s. Stir in the noodles and season with light soy sauce, a dash of sesame oil and black pepper, to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Extremely good and easy to make, just a little prep, then cook it off! I only had a green bell-pepper, so used that, and then also added finely sliced carrot (1), zucchini (3 small), and 3 small yellow pattypans, all finely sliced, because we like a lot of veg. A lovely meal, ideal for a midweek supper, thanks, Snowbunny! made for PAC Fall 2008.