Chicken Chow Mein
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 10 ounces dried medium egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 inches piece gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 -2 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 3 leaves napa cabbage, sliced
- 5 scallions, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- Mix the mirin, soy sauce, and cornstarch together in a shallow dish; add in the chicken and turn to coat in the marinade.
- Let marinate 30 minutes (in refrigerator), then drain and reserve marinade.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles following package directions; drain and refresh under cold running water, set aside.
- Heat a wok until hot; add in oil, then toss in the chicken; stir-fry until golden, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove chicken from wok, using a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels, and set aside.
- Add in garlic, ginger, carrot, snow peas, napa cabbage, and scallions to the wok; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to wok and pour in the stock, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and reserved marinade; stir-fry until liquid has reduced and thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked noodles and beansprouts; heat through and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!