Chicken Burgers With Avocado Salsa
photo by LifeIsGood
- Ready In:
- 2 (500 g) chicken breast fillets
- 2 teaspoons oil (rice bran was stated)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄2 medium avocado (diced)
- 125 g corn kernels (drained)
- 1 red capsicum (small diced)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 hamburger buns (split and toasted wholemeal or wholegrain)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (reduced fat)
- 1 cup lettuce leaf (mixed salad leaves)
- Slice each chicken breast in half lengthways and place chicken between 2 sheets of baking paper and using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken until 1cm thick.
- Place oil, seasoning, oregano and garlic in a glass or ceramic bowl and add chicken and toss to coast and cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Place avocado, corn, capsicum and lemon juice in a bowl and toss gently to combine, cover and set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium high heat and cook chicken in 2 batrches for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until cooked through and transfer to a plate, cover with foil to keep worm.
- Spread the base of each bread roll with mayonnaise and top with salad leaves, chicken breast and avocado mixture and top with roll tops and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.