Chicken Burger With Three Mustard Sauce
- Ready In:
FOR THE MUSTARD SAUCE
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onions, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon white wine (non-alcoholic)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorn mustard
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock, fat-free
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
FOR THE BURGERS
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 pinch dried thyme, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb ground chicken breast
- 1⁄2 lb skinless dark chicken meat
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 4 smll whole-grain hamburger buns
- 4 tomatoes, slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- FOR THE MUSTARD SAUCE: Combine the onion and celery in a small saucepan and cook, covered, over low heat until the onion is translucent, adding a little water if necessary to prevent scorching. Add the white wine and mustards and mix well. Add the chicken stock and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir in the parsley and remove from heat. Pour the sauce into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- FOR THE BURGER: Combine the onion, thyme, and parsley in skillet and cook, covered over very low heat until the onion is translucent, adding a little water if necessary to prevent scorching. Remove from heat and spoon the onion mixture in a bowl., Add the ground chicken, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco sauce and mix well. Divide the chicken mixture into 4 patties.
- Prepare the grill and grill the patties about 4 minutes per side, or until done.
- TO SERVE: Place each chicken burger on a bun with a slice of tomato and a lettuce leaf. Serve 2 tablespoons of mustard sauce per serving on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.