Chicken Breasts with Thai Flavors
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Crush the coriander and cumin seeds lightly.
- Combine with the ground cumin, minced ginger, cilantro, jalapeno, lime zest and juice, oil, black pepper and salt.
- Put the chicken breasts in a glass dish and pour marinade over.
- Turn the chicken to coat.
- Marinate at room temperature 1 hour or refrigerate for longer marination.
- Heat large nonstick grill pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discard marinade.
- When pan is hot, add chicken and cook about 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- (Reduce heat slightly if chicken is browning too much.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Loved rthe zing from the lime! Used about 1 tsp of lime zest and added 1/2 tsp of hot pepper flakes to the recipe. I appreciated that the breasts were not cooked with a lot of oil. I just lightly sprayed a non stick skillet and they were done in no time lovely golden color and juicy. I marinated them in the fridge for about 6 hours. Great flavor I will make these again and next time I may try lemon juice & lemon zest., I always love lemon too Thanks Amber!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a working mom of a beautiful little girl Keira Lynn. Watching her grow has been such a joy! My husband and I were married in May of 2006 on the beautiful island of Kauai. Since discovering this site, I have been cooking much more and have found some incredible recipes. I absolutely love to cook and try out new recipes, but have a handful of family favorites that I make quite often. My husband loves to cook as much as I do. To avoid anyone monopolizing the kitchen, we have to designate who gets to cook dinner in advance. He specializes in Asian cuisine and I love trying new healthy recipes. <a href="http://www.snugglepie.com"><img border="0" src="http://www.snugglepie.com/ezb/718035.png"></a>