Chicken Breasts With Broccoli & Cheese
photo by mersaydees
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can broccoli cheese soup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- In a skillet, over medium heat, melt the butter, then add the chicken breasts & cook 10 minutes, browning the meat on both sides.
- Spoon off any fat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soup, water & pepper & pour this soup mixture into the skillet with the breasts.
- Heat to boiling, then add the broccoli & reduce the heat to low.
- Cover & simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender & the broccoli is done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Let's hear it for good old, comfort food !! DH gets a tad testy at some of my efforts with Zaar recipes -- he LOVED this !! I had a BIG supply of fresh broccoli from a stand, and used the remainder in this, AFTER I cut the florets and steamed in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes before adding to the chicken and sauce. Served with Uncle Ben's Chicken flavored rice -- just as listed -- no spicy additions. A very tasty and filling meal. Tanks, Sydney Mike, for posting !! Now in the Keeper-file.
see 6 more reviews