Chicken Breasts in Phyllo Pastry
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Easy way to do chicken breasts in pastry. Use refrigerated rather than freezer phyllo pastry, it is easier to work with.
- Ready In:
- 2 chicken breasts (or thighs)
- salt & pepper
- 4 sheets phyllo pastry
- 1 cup pesto sauce (or sun-dried tomato pesto)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Poach chicken breasts or lightly pan fry until only half cooked with seasonings of choice.
- Spread chicken with pesto and wrap each breast in two sheets of phyllo sprayed between with olive oil spray.
- Brush with beaten egg or yolk and bake in hot oven 200°C (400°F) for 15-20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very simple and easy recipe. Next time I would brush olive oil on each sheet before wrapping around chicken. I would also add another layer of phyllo pastry because it is sooooo yummy! I also wrapped bite size pieces of goat cheese in 3 layers of phyllo and cooked it for 12 minutes with the chicken. I served it on top of baby greens with balsamic dressing and baked asparagus. Yummy dinner -- thanks!Reply