Chicken Breast Flambe
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Flambe presentation is an impressive way to show off even an easily-prepared recipe, such as this one. Make sure your guests are present to "watch the show" before returning the chicken to finish the cooking.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 onion, cut in quarters
- 2 portabella mushroom caps, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup orange liqueur (Grand Marnier)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken breasts on both sides.
- Add onions and mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring, until onions soften.
- Transfer mixture to a shallow casserole dish and bake, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, warm the orange liquer over low heat (lukewarm, not hot).
- Take the casserole out of the oven.
- Place the casserole on the kitchen counter and invite your guests to watch the show.
- Pour the liqueur over the chicken and vegetables and ignite it.
- When the flames die out, add the wine and return the casserole to the oven for another 15.
- minutes or until the chicken breasts are no longer pink inside.
- Remove the casserole from the oven.
- Arrange the chicken and vegetables on a warm platter and keep hot.
- Reserve pan juices in the pan.
- Mix butter and flour to make a paste.
- Stir paste into the pan juices, add cream and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes until thickened.
- Garnish the serving platter with orange swirls and parsley, and serve with wild rice and vegetables.
- Note: As with all of my recipes, I recommend using quality ingredients. In this dish, for example, use Grand Marnier, not some substitute. Also use a drinkable wine. Finally Wondra flour always makes for a perfect sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION