Chicken, Beets, Apple and Walnut Salad
photo by BenBag
- Ready In:
- 4 (3 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, marinated
- 3 large beets
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 heads Belgian endive
- 1 head radicchio
- 1 large granny smith apple
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Grill chicken breast from frozen, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cool and slice each breast into 4 or 5 slices.
- Wash beets and wrap in heavy-duty aluminum foil, Bake on cookie sheets at 350 for 45 minutes or until done.
- Peel beets, cut julienne.
- Mix vinegar, honey, Dijon, salt and pepper.
- Gradually whisk in olive and walnut oil until blended.
- Arrange endive and radicchio on individual plates, top with chicken slices, apple slices and beet slices.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Drizzle evenly with dressing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was an absolute "party-in-my-mouth" meal! The whole family absolutely could not consume this fast enough, and months later, my husband and I are still raving about it! We used a pre-done spring mix instead of the greens listed, but otherwise, we followed the recipe to the letter. We're even planning on having the salad (without the chicken) for our Thanksgiving dinner. Thank you so much!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mommy of two wonderful little boys. My oldest is "the devil" Matthew 8yrs old (Aug 98) and my "little monster" is Adam, 3yr(Aug2003). I work as a Facility Administrator, which pretty much means, anything that needs to be done "ask Vicki, she'll do it". From watering the lawn, replacing lite bulbs in the washrooms, to processing payroll and handling employee complaints. It keeps me very busy and stressed :). I'm on marriage no. 2; the first was a test run, and I was able to figure out all the icky stuff, I wouldn't want a partner to be. DH#2, is mild tempered and just caters to my every whim. Perfect! <img src="http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6lQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3AxxWtUq4PJ-0frj%3DQofrj7t%3DzrRfDUX%3AeQaQxg%3Dr%3F87KR6xqpxQQQnxoGaxaQaxv8uOc5xQQQJGonnneaooqpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gXoQ0%7CRup6aQQ%7C/of=50,332,442"> The OTHER kids: We have a shih-poo doggy named Buster (aka Budda, Butterbean, Butter) and two cats, a large, fluffy grey & white named Oliver, he's a complete sucky-baby. And, his sister (dominator) princess Olivia. Miss "O" runs the house. <img src="http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp3%3C%3A%3Evq%3D323%3B%3E48%3A%3E%3A3%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D323684%3C%3B%3C%3A4%3A4vq0mrj"> <img src="http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp436%3Evq%3D323%3B%3E48%3A%3E%3A3%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D323684%3C%3B%3C9%3B44vq0mrj"> <img src="http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp435%3Evq%3D323%3B%3E48%3A%3E%3A3%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D323684%3C%3B%3C9%3B43vq0mrj"> Participation & Awards: <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/berriesblinkie.gif" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg">