Chicken, Basil and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
photo by Halcyon Eve
- Ready In:
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil
- 300 ml cream
- 400 g pasta, cooked until al dente
- Grill, steam or microwave chicken breasts until they are tender and cooked through.
- Cut into strips.
- Heat oil in a large pan, add onion and tomatoes; stir over heat until onion is soft.
- Add wine, bring to boil, reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 1 minute
- Add tomato paste, sugar and fresh basil; stir until smooth.
- Add cream and chicken; stir over low heat until heated though.
- Spoon over freshly cooked pasta; garnish with basil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm afraid this really didn't appeal to me all that much. DS wouldn't touch it after a taste, and DH was pretty neutral. I didn't care for the flavor combination of sun-dried tomatoes and cream, I think. I'm sorry we didn't like it better. Thanks anyway, Sonya! Update: Upped to 4 stars, because it's not the fault of the recipe that I didn't like one of the main ingredients.
Once the chicken is cooked, this recipe takes no time to make. I made exactly as per recipe and it was fantastic, very creamy and very yummy. I did serve some parmesan cheese on top, and it was terrific. We had some left over and I served it as a cold salad the next day, and it tasted just as nice cold as it did hot. Great easy and yummy recipe SonyaS01, will be making again both hot and cold.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Keilor Downs, Victoria in Australia. I am a receptionist in Melbourne. My favorite cook books are anything Weight Watchers or Simply 2 good 2 be true also any muffin or scone cook books. I love cooking easy stuff but I love a challange ocasionaly on the weekends when i have a bit more time. My pet peeve is how much capsicum/bell peppers are in recipes now as i am elergic to them.