photo by anniesnomsblog
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 27mins
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 bacon, slices cut into thirds
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- wooden toothpick
- Cut chicken breasts into 24 1-inch cubes.
- Wrap each chicken cube with bacon and secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Stir together orange marmalade, soy sauce, sesame oil, ground ginger and minced garlic in a shallow dish or large zip-top freezer bag; add chicken nuggets.
- Cover or seal, and chill 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Coat a rack and broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Place chicken nuggets on rack in broiler pan.
- Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes; turn nuggets and bake 10 more minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made these for a New Years Eve party, and they disappeared in no time. I left off the bacon and marinated the chicken in the rest of the ingredients all day. I was planning on wrapping the bacon right before cooking, but got lazy and just left it off - they were delicious as is. The bacon would probably add another layer of deliciousness, and I'll make them again and not be so lazy.
This was pretty good, however, next time I'll put them on skewers because those toothpicks are a real pain to turn. I didn't have a broiler pan so I put a cooling rack on a sheet pan covered with foil. I'm sure glad I covered the sheet pan because it would have been a mess to clean, the sauce burns. I made another recipe of the sauce to use on white rice and it was really good.
Delicious! And so easy to make!! When I saw marmalade in the ingredient list I was a little skeptical as I'm not a huge fan, but once the chicken was marinaded and cooked, it tasted amazing, so I'm glad I put the marmalade in now! A great recipe for when you have people coming over and need something quick to make!
see 4 more reviews
I made this as an appetizer for a party, and it was a big hit. I used chicken tenders instead of breasts. If you use a ziploc bag to marinate, be careful not to puncture bag with toothpicks. It also takes a little longer to cook than the time stated. I cooked mine on a cookie sheet lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray for easy clean up. D-
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
First off: Thank you, thank you, thank you anonymous PM gifter!!! You are so wonderfully generous and I appreciate the gift so much!!!! I hope to repay you someday by paying it forward!!! Thank you!! *hugs* Note...somehow or another most of my info and all my banners and photos were deleted; not sure if I did something or not, but until I have time to re-do my page, this is what you're stuck with. :(