Chicken and Veggies With Raspberry Enlightenment
This is from the Penzeys Spices Catalog. I made it for dinner tonight - so easy and delicious! I used one package of chicken tenders instead of breasts and brown rice - it easily made three servings and took even less time since the tenders cook up so quickly (about 3 minutes per side)
- Ready In:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 orange bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced or in bite-sized pieces
- 1 small red onion, minced (or half a medium red onion)
- 1 (6 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons raspberry enlightenment, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Rinse chicken, pat dry.
- Combine pepper, garlic, ginger and salt. Season chicken on both sides with this mixture.
- Heat 1Tbsp oil over medium-high heat in large heavy pan.
- Cook chicken about 5 minutes per side (or until browned on each side and cooked through).
- Just before removing chicken from pan, drizzle with 1 Tbsp soy sauce and 1 Tbsp Raspberry Enlightenment. Turn chicken to coat, then remove to a plate, tent with foil and let rest.
- Return pan to medium-high, add remaining 1Tbsp of oil.
- Add veggies to pan and saute until done (about 5 min for crisp or 8 for fairly soft).
- When veggies are cooked, add remaining 1 Tbsp soy sauce and 1 Tbsp Raspberry Enlightenment and toss to glaze.
- To plate, put 1 cup of rice on each plate, top with a chicken breast and half the veggies. (If desired, drizzle a little extra soy sauce on the rice).