Chicken and Veggie Couscous
I love one dish meals. This is an easy way to get the kids to eat their veggies.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless, skinless cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (10 ounce) bag matchstick cut carrots
- 2 medium onions, diced (I just throw them in the food processor)
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup of cubed zucchini
- 2 (13 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) box of quick cooking couscous
- 2 teaspoons pepper sauce (i.e. Tabasco)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over med-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until well browned on all sides.
- With a slotted spoon, remove chicken to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook carrots, zucchini, and onions in drippings for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 2 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Grab a pot because this makes a lot. Transfer your carrots, zucchini, and onions to it.
- Stir chicken broth, pepper sauce, curry powder, salt and chicken.
- Bring to a boil, add couscous, cover and remove from heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in almonds and parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation