Chicken and Spinach Lasagna
This recipe makes a lot, but it will freeze well should you decide against grazing over leftovers for a few days, and it's certainly worth making extra if you are going to go to all the trouble of making lasagna in the first place.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 6 pieces lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken breast halves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) carton part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a medium saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in cornstarch, basil, garlic powder and nutmeg.
- Add milk all at once.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; stir in spinach.
- In medium bowl, stir in together Ricotta and egg.
- Add mozzarella and half of parmesan; mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange three of the uncooked lasagna pieces in bottom of a greased 12x7 rectangular baking dish.
- Top with half of spinach mixture, half the cooked chicken and half the Ricotta mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Now tent the baking dish with foil and seal well (you don't want the foil touching the top of the lasagna). Bake for 60 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes (with this method you will never need to precook lasagna noodles again) Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My husband and kids really enjoyed this one...it took about 35 minutes to prepare and that was moving as fast as I could because my kids were saying they were "hungry! hungry! hungry!" Since I discovered that I really like the taste of nutmeg, I add it to a lot of stuff! BTW, I was surprised to find that my family enjoyed sprinkling cinnamon on top of the lasagna too! Go figure.Reply