Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya
This is a great, easy recipe I adapted from the recipe in Tony Chachere's Cajun Country Cookbook. It's a weeknight favourite of ours. Reheats well in microwave.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 kg chicken thigh fillet, diced
- tony chachere's creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb smoked pork sausage
- 3 cups uncooked rice
- 4 cups water or 4 cups chicken stock
- Season diced chicken generously with creole seasoning.
- Add margarine to large saucepan and fry chicken.
- Add all vegetables and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add sausage and rice, cook for 10 minutes, mixing as you go.
- Add water, stir well and keep covered until rice is fully cooked.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This makes a quick weeknight meal. I used diced chicken breasts and added lots of the seasoning mix. The sausage was a spicy chicken sausage and I think a spicy sausage is essential to making this dish. This was served with freshly sliced tomatoes, Parmesan toasted french rolls and recipe #18351 completed the meal. Made for *PAC September 2007*.Reply