Chicken and Sauerkraut = Reuben
photo by Tim_John
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken breasts, skin removed
- 1 (32 ounce) bag sauerkraut, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 - 2 1⁄2 cups thousand island dressing
- 6 -8 slices swiss cheese
- Preheat grill on medium heat!
- Rinse the chicken breast very well under cold water, pat dry.Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl, season both sides of the breast with all the spices. Grill for 10-15 minutes or until juices begin to run clear, remove from grill.
- In a 3-4 QT casserole dish, make a layer of kraut on the bottom of the dish,about 1-11/2 inch deep. Put the chicken breast on top of the kraut.Add the rest of the kraut on top of the chicken breast. Depending on how much you like the taste of the thousand island dressing, spread it across the top layer of the kraut.Bake for 45-60 minutes covered.
- The last 10 minutes of cooking, layer the cheese on top of the thousand island dressing.Remove lid, return to oven. Bake until the swiss cheese starts to turn a little golden in color.Remove and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!