Chicken and Rice With Creamy Herb Sauce
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 0.5 (6 ounce) container light cream cheese, garlic and spices flavored
- 4 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- Bring first three ingredients to a boil in a large skillet, add chicken. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, turning chicken after 8 minutes. Remove chicken from pan, set aside and keep warm.
- Bring cooking liquid to boil, cook 5 minutes or until reduced to about 2/3 cup.
- Combine 1 tablespoon water and cornstarch, add to skillet. Bring to a boil, cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add cream cheese, cook until well blended, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Return chicken to sauce, warm through but do not boil.
- Serve chicken over rice, spoon sauce over chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is SO easy and very tasty. A good midweek meal. I used ½ wine and ½ chicken stock and added some garlic powder, dried thyme and dried sage (as I felt it needed some herbs and the cream cheese I was using was not flavoured) but I otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<IMG SRC =http://www.xmission.com/~emailbox/lines/rulepaws.gif> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">