Chicken and Rice With Black Bean Salsa
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- First, start your rice. Brown rice can take up to 45 minutes to cook sometimes (although I like the Uncle Ben's 10-minute brown rice). Time it accordingly so that the rice is finished by the time the main dish is finished.
- Pour the salsa into the bottom of a 13" x 9" glass baking dish. You can add extra if you want salsa leftover to mix into the rice.
- Fillet the chicken breasts. Lay them on top of the salsa.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour the black beans in the baking dish. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Take it out again and sprinkle the top with shredded cheese. Bake for another 2 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Dish out the chicken and black beans onto plates. Then, mix in the prepared rice into the dish with the leftover salsa and beans, and serve alongside the chicken. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!