Chicken and Rice Rissoles
This recipe is a favourite with white rice, however the brown rice adds a more chewy texture and flavour that will please many.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked brown rice (long cooking)
- 500 g ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons rye flour
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage (finely chopped)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- olive oil (or your favourite vegetable oil)
- Mix cooked brown rice, ground chicken, Rye flour, fresh sage, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Add buttermilk and half of the beaten eggs stirring well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and shape mixture into hand sized patties.
- Dip in remaining beaten egg, roll in bread crumbs and fry in olive oil.
- May be served hot with vegetables or cold with salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was easy to prepare and I liked the sage with the ground chicken however the mixture was very soft and I had to add more binder - I used 3 tbsp of bread crumbs and made sure the outside was well crumbed before frying them. Rissoles are traditionally croquette shaped or balls but I decided to make patties because of the still quitesoft texture.I would suggest cutting back 1 egg or less buttermilk. They firmed up nicely when cooked and were enjoyed. Happy contest to you!Reply