Chicken and Rice Chile Verde
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Recipe is from a bag of Botan Calrose Rice.
- Ready In:
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4 large chicken thighs, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup calrose rice
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, crumbled
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Dissolve bouillon in 1 1/4 cups hot water; set aside. Heat large frying pan over high heat. Lightly coat inside of pan with cooking spray. Add chicken, in single layer. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove from pan.
- Add onion and garlic to same pan; saute 30 seconds. Mix in rice, chiles, oregano and bouillon. Arrange chicken, in single layer, over top. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle peas over chicken. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer, or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand covered 10 minutes. Serve with cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION