Potato Chip Chicken & Rice Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup potato chips, crushed
- Mix all the ingredients together except for the potato chips.
- Spoon into a buttered casserole dish.
- Top with potato chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a great basic recipe. I had a lot of leftover chicken and wanted to do something comforting. This recipe fit the bill. I did tweak a little, cooked the rice in chicken broth and substituted cream of celery for the cream of chicken soup. My personal peference. I don't like the taste of cream of chicken. I left out the eggs as well and added more chicken, toasted the sliced almonds for another layer of flavor and finally whirled saltines in the food processor with melted butter for the topping as I didn't have potato chips. It all worked well together. Thanks again for the inspiration. Leslie