Chicken and Potato Stew
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1 large chicken, cut into pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 5 large potatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper; then, coat with flour.
- In a Dutch oven, saute the chicken in butter until golden.
- Add the onions and potatoes on top of the chicken. Slicing the potatoes thinly ensures that they cook thoroughly.
- Top with cheese and cayenne, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the wine and chicken broth.
- Cover and simmer for 2 hours. Stir occasionally.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!