Chicken and Pork Terrine
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 8 ounces streaky bacon
- 13 ounces chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon green peppercorn, crushed
- vegetable oil, for greasing
- lettuce leaf
- lemon wedge
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place bacon on a board and stretch it using back of knife. Arrange it in overlapping slices over the base and sides of a 2 lb loaf pan.
- Cut 4oz of the chicken into 4 inch long strips. Sprinkle with lemon juice and set aside. Put the rest of the chicken in a food processor with ground pork and onion and process until fairly smooth.
- Add the eggs, parsley, salt and peppercorns to the meat mixture and process just to blend.
- Spoon half the mixture into the loaf pan and then level the surface.
- Arrange the reserved chicken strips on top, then spoon in the remaining meat mixture and smooth the top. Give the pan a couple of sharp taps on the work surface to knock out any air pockets.
- Cover the loaf pan with a piece of oiled foil and put it in a roasting pan. Pour in enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until terrine is firm.
- Let cool in pan before turning out onto serving plate and chilling in the refrigerator.
- Serve the terrine in slices with lettuce leaves and radishes and the wedges of lemon for squeezing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!