Chicken and Parsley Dumplings
A favorite with the Residents here at the Retirement Home where I work.
- Ready In:
FOR THE DUMPLINGS
- 4 ounces cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
FOR THE STEW
- 3 ounces onions, diced
- 5 ounces all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces butter
- 3 cups chicken stock, hot
- 2 cups milk, hot
- 1 cup cream, hot
- 2 ounces carrots, diced
- 1 ounce red bell pepper, diced
- 1 ounce celery, diced
- 2 lbs chicken meat, cooked boneless chunks
FOR THE DUMPLINGS:
- Combine and sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk and mix lightly.
- Do not overmix.
- Consistency should be slightly softer than biscuit dough.
FOR THE STEW:
- Saute onions in melted butter until soft.
- add flour.
- Stir and cook slowly for 10 minutes.
- do not brown.
- Add hot stock.
- stir until thickened and smooth.
- Add hot milk and cream and blend well.
- Saute peppers, carrots and celery until soft add to stew.
- Combine chicken and sauce, stirring carefully to prevent breaking up pieces of chicken.
- Place stew in a casserole dish and top with 1 oz spoonful portions of dumpling batter.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes at 350°F or until dumplings are cooked.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION