Chicken and Mozzarella Kebabs
- Ready In:
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese
- seasoned flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons fine breadcrumbs
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1 lemon, zest of, finally grated
- 1 thin lemon wedge
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Cut the chicken into even sized cubes, about 1 inch. Put into a shallow dish with the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Cover and chill for 3 - 4 hours.
- Drain the chicken cubes from the marinade. Cut the Mozzarella into cubes slightly smaller than the chicken.
- Thread the chicken and Mozzarella cubes alternately onto 4 kebab skewers.
- Dust with seasoned flour, dip into the beaten egg and coat evenly with breadcrumbs.
- Lower the threaded skewers into a pan of hot oil and deep fry for 5-6 minutes until crisp and golden; drain thoroughly on kitchen paper, and sprinkle with lemon rind.
- Serve immediately, garnished with lemon wedges and sprigs of rosemary.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi all, my name is Donna Cunningham. I am 21 years old and I work as a cook in a canteen. I am so so passionate about cooking. I have changed the canteen I work in from serving sausages and chips all the time to having a different meal every night. I love eperimenting. I adapt traditional recipes and make up ones of my own!