Chicken and Macaroni in Tomato Sauce
photo by Chris from Kansas
- Ready In:
- 3 cups canned chopped tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup whole garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni
- 1 cup canned mushroom slices
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9X13 pan with non-stick spray.
- In large bowl, mix together all ingredients, except chicken and cheese.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Top with chicken pieces and then sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and push macaroni down into sauce if needed.
- Bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in the Kansas City area and have many hobbies including cooking, reading and spending time with my husband and two children who are very active in sports now. I also have an eBay business which is a fun hobby that makes a little extra money! My interest in cooking focuses on making healthy dishes that are more satisfying than the higher fat and higher sugar versions. If I had a month off with no responsibilities, I would spend it at a luxury spa. <br /> <br /></p>