Chicken and Lime Curry
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon lime pickle, finely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 8 chicken pieces
- 1 - 1 1⁄4 cup coconut milk (1 can)
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon, concentrate (Bovril)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Heat oil and fry the chicken pieces for 4-5 minutes, turning frequently. Remove chicken to paper towel to remove oil.
- Pour off all but about 1 tablespoon of oil. Stir in the onion and cook it until soft. Add the lime pickle and freshly ground black pepper. Cook while stirring for about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and bring it to the boil. Return the chicken to the pan, cover and simmer very gently for about 30 minutes.
- Top with peanuts and raisins when serving.
- Serve with your favorite white rice, a green vegetable and additional lime pickle to each person's taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!