Chicken and Fennel
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is Jewish French/Moroccan recipe. Simple to make and unbelievably delicious!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 large fennel bulbs
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix the turmeric, pepper and salt into the olive oil. Brush about half of this mixture over the chicken fillets.
- Saute chicken gently for about 30 minutes Do not cover - turn the fillets occasionally.
- Trim and clean the fennel bulbs. Cut into 4 pieces each.
- Arrange fennel pieces in the pan with the chicken. Add about one third of the water. Brush with the remaining oil mixture.
- Cover the pan and stew slowly for about an hour or until the fennel is soft. During this time add more water only if necessary. The covered pan should generate enough of its own moisture.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Excellent recipe. This is my first taste of fennel and I was nervous about preparing it. I found this recipe and gave it a try. I used 3 large, boneless breasts as opposed to thighs, so the cooking time was decreased. I didn't have white pepper so used black and I was worried it would be too peppery, but it was perfect. Chicken was very tender with a hint of sweet flavor from the fennel. My kids noticed the different taste and still ate all they were served, so they approve. Very good dish and a success for my first venture with fennel. Thanks for a keeper.Reply
see 1 more