Chicken and Cheese Steaks (Jon and Kate Plus 8)
kate made these on jon and kate plus 8.The episode where the two older girls are mommy for the day. These are really good. I think i may add olives or mushrooms next time.
- Ready In:
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in half and split open
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, skinless, boneless, cut into strips
- 1 small bell peppers, green or 1 small red pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce (I used Hunts sauce Basil, Garlic & Oregano 8 oz. can)
- 1 package of sliced mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet.
- Add chicken and cook until browned, stirring often.
- Remove chicken.
- Add pepper and onion and cook until tender.
- Return chicken to skillet and heat through.
- Spoon chicken mixture on bottom bread half.
- Then cover with tomato sauce.
- Finally top each half with mozz. cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with remaining bread half if desired.
- Cut into quarters.
- Makes 4 sandwiches.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION