Chicken and Beet Pasta
I have recently discovered Beets. I have never had anything quite like them and I just can't get enough of them! I wanted something with pasta and my new favorite food, and I came up with this. It's such a beautiful dish too. My guests oohed and ahhed (even the ones who didn't like beets loved it!)
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) can beets, sliced
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package pasta (I used Rigatoni)
- Coat the Chicken Breasts in Salt and Pepper.
- Boil a salted pot of water for the pasta.
- Heat Olive Oil in a skillet. Sautee the chopped red onion until it is translucent.
- Add garlic and Chicken Breasts to the hot oil and cook the Chicken on medium-high heat until the juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add the White Wine, and bring to a simmer. Make sure and stir all the yummy juices and white wine together. Meanwhile slice (if you haven't already) the beets.
- Add the beets to the skillet and continue to simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Add the Pasta to the boiling water. By the time the pasta is done, so should the rest of your meal!
- Cut or shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces. (About 1" squares).
- Add the chicken and cook with the beet mixture for another 3-5 minutes until the chicken has warmed.
- Drain the pasta. (If it isn't ready yet, don't worry. Your chicken will continue to simmer, and will continue to incorporate the flavors from the skillet and will be just fine until the pasta is done!).
- Portion pasta out in bowls and top with the chicken and beet mixture.