Chicken and Basil Meatballs
I got this from a work mate who got it from a newpaper. It's quick and easy and good! In the photo, I used toasted pinenuts which worked well as a substitution for the almonds.
- Ready In:
- 500 g ground chicken
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup ready-made pasta sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds or 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Combine mince, egg, basil and breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Divide mixture into 12 portions and roll into balls.
- Heat oil and butter in a frypan and fry chicken balls until well browned on all sides.
- Allow to cook through (about 8 minutes) While cooking the chicken, combine pasta sauce, and wine and simmer for about 10 minutes to recuce by 1/3.
- Add cream.
- Divide sauce among 4 plates, top with meatballs, and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We enjoyed these meatballs a lot. Not too fond of the sauce but the almonds were the saving grace. I think the next time I'll try a different brand of sauce or make it myself. Without doubt we will make the meatballs again, they were excellant, love the basil. Thanks for sharing a quick week night recipe.Reply