Chicken and Basil Calzones-Cooking Light
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Add garlic and chicken to pan and saute for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in pizza sauce, italian seasoning, and red pepper. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Let sit for 10 minute.
- Unroll pizza dough onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut into quarters and pat each into an 8x6" rectangle. Divide chicken mixture evenly onto the rectangles and sprinkle with 2 tbsp of cheese on each.
- Fold each rectangle in half over the chicken and pinch the edges to seal.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I enjoy cooking, especially baking. I am married, no children though I have a dog Chance, whose internal clock must be Swiss-made as he knows what time dinner should be and is quite the taskmaster if I'm not at least in the kitchen at the appointed time. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">