Chicken Adobo - Steamy Kitchen
This is from the Burnt Lumpea food blog and was adapted from the Steamy Kitchen cookbook. Time does include marinating.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skin-on chicken legs with thigh
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- In a large pot or dutch oven, combine all of the ingredients and marinate the chicken for 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place the pot over high heat and bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Using tongs, remove chicken from pot and place on a dish. Keep the adobo sauce on the stove and increase heat to high. Boil sauce for 5 minutes to reduce and thicken.
- Pat the chicken pieces dry with paper towels, then place skin-side up on a sheet pan. Place the sheet pan under the broiler and broil chicken for 2-3 minutes until skin is brown and crisp.
- After chicken has browned, pour adobo sauce over chicken and serve over white rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation