- Ready In:
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (3 -4 lb) roasting chickens, cut up
- Combine all ingredients but the chicken in a pot large enough to hold the chicken in one layer, more or less.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Add the chicken.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, covered for about 30 minutes, turning the chicken once or twice. (I refrigerated the chicken in the liquid for several hours after doing this to break up the cooking process).
- Remove the chicken and dry it gently with paper toils.
- Boil the sauce over high heat until it is reduced to about 1 cup. Discard bay leaves and keep the sauce warm.
- Broil the chicken until brown and crisp (3-4 inches from the heat) about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!