Chicken a La Louisianne
photo by IAteMyGluestick
- Ready In:
- 1 chicken, boiled until just tender,then cut into serving pieces
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef consomme
- 12 button mushrooms, sliced
- 12 ripe olives, sliced in half
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1⁄4 cup good dry sherry
- creole spices
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- orange slice, for garnish,if desired
- parsley, if desired (to garnish)
- Brown chicken pieces in hot peanut oil and 4 tablespoons butter.
- When browned, put cooked chicken on a platter and place into a warm 200-degree oven.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a heavy pan.
- Add the flour slowly, cook over a LOW heat, for 5 minutes.
- Add the beef consomme.
- Mix well to a creamy consistency, while stirring all the time.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, olives, artichoke hearts, sherry, Creole spices, salt, and cayenne to taste.
- Cook all for a few more minutes to blend flavors.
- Remove the platter from the oven, and pour the sauce mixture over the chicken.
- Garnish the plate with orange slices and parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!