Chicken a La King
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (about 3)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) jar home-style chicken gravy or (7/8 ounce) packet home-style white gravy mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms or (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant rice
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimiento, pieces well-drained
- Cook and stir chicken in hot butter on low to medium heat in a large skillet until lightly browned and fork tender.
- Add gravy (if using gravy mix in package, make before adding to skillet).
- Add peas, milk, mushrooms, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 2 minutes.
- Bring back to a full boil; stir in rice and pimiento.
- Cover, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is such a quick and simple recipe, I loved it. My boyfriend was very happy with it as well. I could not find pimientos in my local grocery store but I used diced up jarred roasted red peppers (which is basically the same thing, I think) instead and I omitted the mushrooms. I served it with white rice. It was very tasty and I loved how easy it was to make. Thanks for posting!
This was a wonderfully simple, tasty, kid pleasing dish. I had to omit the pimentos and mushrooms for my family's taste but it was still great! Also I used a pound of chicken tenders that I cut up and used the jar of homestyle chicken gravy. It was a hit at my house...my 4 yr old had 3 helpings! Thank you!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I would like to let you all know that I am no longer able to review your recipes that I have tried. since they changed the site around webtv does not supprt zaars new site.I have a webtv not a computer and webtv does not support the new recipezaar site. so I will no longer be able to review your great recipes,nor will I be able to put my own recipes on here.Please don't think I wouldn't like to review your recipes,it was one of the nice parts of zaar that I did enjoy doing. So please forgive!!! I am Married to the same guy for 40 years,I Have 2 beautiful Daughters, who have given me 6 grand and glorious grandchildren. I love to cook,in fact you could call it my favorite hobby My pet peeve is telemarketers,Every time I get busy with my recipe hobby one of them will call and knock me off the web,and of coarse I waste precious time getting back on.I am disabled,so I no longer work,and have plenty of time to pursue my hobby. My best dish I make is Lasagna but thats just because I love lasagna.I am also asked to bring No-Bake cookies at all of our potlucks, and linger-longers at church.Meat loaf is another often requested dish I am asked to bring...... NOT MY meatloaf but .... My husbands. He is as good a cook as I am,He can cook anything I can cook, and I can cook anything he can cook,but some things I make better,and some He makes better...So we do a lot of compromising at our house.