Chicharrones De Pollo
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups oil
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Stir together rum, lime juice, soy sauce, and sugar in a shallow bowl until sugar has dissolved. Add chicken and stir to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 25 minutes.
- Heat 1 inch oil in a large deep skillet over med-high until it shimmers. Meanwhile, whisk together flour, paprika, and 1/2 teaspoons salt in a shallow bowl.
- Drain chicken and pat dry. Dredge in flour, shaking off excess, then transfer to a plate.
- Fry chicken in 3 batches, turning occasionally, until deep golden brown and cooked through, 6-7 minute per batch. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
Join The Conversation
I really loved the flavors and texture of the chicken... Very tasty! I made and served it with Recipe #206003. They went wonderfully together. Kind of like General Tsou's Chicken with added flavor of Rum and lime... It was Incredibly DELICIOUS! I will DEFINATELY be making this again and again... Great served with rice, pilaf or any other grain. I made this as part of the Halloween Swap 2007 Thank you Karissa!