Chica Iced Tea (South American Style)
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 1 family-size tea bag (equivalent to 4 regular)
- 1 quart boiling water
- 4 limes, quartered
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup white rum
- ice, for serving
- Place the tea bag(s) in an iced tea jar or large pitcher. Pour the boiling water over the tea bag and let steep for at least 5 minutes.
- While tea steeps, muddle the limes and the sugar in a medium bowl, until the sugar dissolves and the lime releases its juice.
- After steeping, remove tea bags from the jar.
- Carefully add the lime/sugar mixture using a large spoon. Stir well to combine.
- Add the pomegranate juice and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, add the rum and stir to incorporate.
- Serve over ice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!