Chex Caramel Corn
photo by Chris from Kansas
- Ready In:
- 4 1⁄2 cups Corn Chex or 4 1/2 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups popped microwave popcorn
- 1⁄2 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereal, popcorn and peanuts. Set aside.
- In medium microwavable bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla. Microwave uncovered on High about 2 minutes or until mixture is boiling; stirring after 1 minute. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 4 to 5 minutes, stirring and scraping bowl after every minute.
- Spread on waxed paper until cooled, stirring occasionally to break up. Store in airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in the Kansas City area and have many hobbies including cooking, reading and spending time with my husband and two children who are very active in sports now. I also have an eBay business which is a fun hobby that makes a little extra money! My interest in cooking focuses on making healthy dishes that are more satisfying than the higher fat and higher sugar versions. If I had a month off with no responsibilities, I would spend it at a luxury spa. <br /> <br /></p>