Chewy Scotch Squares
- Ready In:
- Pre heat oven to 300.
- Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray,then turn edge up 1/2" all around; set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt onto sheet of wax paper; set aside.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over maderate heat.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Mix in preserves, then oatmeal, then flour mixture.
- Spread dough in 6" square in middle of foil on baking sheet, then bake 25-30 minutes.
- Dough will spread during baking.
- Cool 15 minutes, then dust with Confectioner's sugar and cut into squares.
- Store in tightly cover container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.